IELTS Speaking is a quick but intense in-person interview. It requires focus, creativity and strong English skills to think of responses to the interview’s questions quickly. Just relax and remain confident during the IELTS interview. Being alert but calm will help you do your best.
- IELTS speaking test lasts between 11 to 14 minutes.
- There are 4 marking criteria. You will be marked on the basis of these criteria.
- 25% Fluency and Coherence
- 25% pronunciation
- 25% Lexical resource
- 25% Grammatical range and accuracy
Magazines and restaurants
Part one: Introduction
- Which magazines do you read?
- What different kinds of articles are you most interested in?
- Have you ever read a magazine in a foreign language?
Part two: Que card
Describe a restaurant that you enjoyed going to.
You should say:
- Where the restaurant was.
- Why you chose this restaurant.
- What type of food you ate in this restaurant.
And explain why you enjoyed eating in this restaurant.
Part three: two-way discussion
- Why do you think people go to restaurants when they want to celebrate something?
- Which are more popular in your country: fast food restaurants or traditional restaurant?
- Some people say that food in an expensive restaurant is always better than food in a cheap restaurant- would you agree?
- Do you think there will be a greater choice of food available in shops in the future or will there be less choice?
- What effects has modern technology had on the way food is produced?
- How important is it for a country to be able to grow all the food it needs, without importing any from other countries?