speaking test 8
speaking test 8 – magazines and restaurants
Part one : Introduction
- which magazines do you read?
- what different kinds of articles are you most interested in?
- Have you ever read a magazine in a foreign language?
Part two : Que card
Describe a restaurant that you enjoyed going to.
You should say:
- where the restaurant was.
- why you chose this restaurant.
- what type of food you ate in this restaurant.
and explain why you enjoyed eating in this restaurant.
Part three: two way discussion
- why do you think people go to restaurants when they want to celebrate something?
- which are more popular in your country: fast food restaurants or traditional restaurant?
- some people say that food in an expensive restaurant is always better than food in a cheap restaurant- would you agree?
- do you think there will be greater choice of food available in shops in the future or will there be less choice?
- what effects has modern technology had on the way food is produced?
- How important is it for a country to be able to grow all the food it needs, without importing any from other countries?