Started on June 11, 2021


The Engineering Colleges Admission Test (ECAT) is held each year in Punjab for admission to an engineering university or college. The test is comprised of intermediate mathematics, physics, chemistry, and English courses. This is a multiple-choice test and is rated as a very typical, technical, and conceptual test.

ECAT is managed and conducted by the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore (UET)

This test is a prerequisite for admission to UET and all of its affiliated colleges in Punjab and Islamabad. During the admission process, ECAT constitutes 30% of the total merit the remaining 70% being your A levels or intermediate results.


The test aims to measure a candidate’s readiness for engineering college and assesses the acquired knowledge.

ECAT longs for 100 minutes and has four sections

  • Mathematics
  • English
  • Physics
  • Chemistry

Each question on the exam is worth 4 marks and a wrong answer results in -1 mark, however there is no negative marking for an unanswered question.

Leave a comment